Wednesday, January 20, 2021

STDA - Page-a-day challenge - Day #15 - Pages 27 & 28


In January 2021, Scrapbooking The Day Away! Started a Page-a-day Challenge.  These 2 pages are my Day #15 Challenge - use black & white photos with a colorful background.  These are Stampin’ Up! Designer Series Papers and SAB (Sale-A-Bration) foil sheets and both are now retired as well as the stamp and die sets, ribbon and embellishments.  The card stock is still a current color.  I had made the initial double page layout as a class and today I added my black and white / sepia tone photos.  They are of my grandparents & great-grandparents on my Dad’s side, a 1st cousin once removed and me as a baby held by my Granddaddy.  I never knew my great-grandparents as they had passed long before I was born.  

Today was a fitting tribute to my Granny and tomorrow to my Granddaddy.  Today, the 19th, was the day Granny was born on in 1896.  Were she still alive, she would have been 125 years old!  WOW!  She was a great woman and I loved her dearly as I did my Granddaddy!  There was no one like my Granddaddy either!  Tomorrow, the 20th, Granddaddy died of the Asian Flu in 1969.  I will NEVER forget that day!  My heart was so broken.  I would turn 13 in a couple of months.  To this day, I really miss my Granddaddy.  There is a picture of Granddaddy holding me a few months after I was born.  

The other picture is my 1st cousin’s daughter with my Granny at my Aunt & Uncle’s home during a holiday get together.  Shantell would be somewhere around 4 and this picture would be the late 1970’s or early 1980.  We lost Granny November 7, 1981.  The picture of  Shantell is with her Great-Grandmother.  

Many years later, I would have a grandson born on the day Granny died.  

The family got together every chance we could and most holidays all were together either at my Aunt & Uncle’s or my parent’s home.


So this Day #15 Page-A-Day Challenge is a especially a memorial to my Grandparents.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jar Of Flowers & Loveliest Tree Robin’s Card Class 3/26/2024

 Jar Of Flowers & Loveliest Tree Robin’s Card Class 3/26/2024 Debby Jones  https://debbyjones.stampinup.net  debjimjones@me.com  Supplie...